Monday, June 13, 2011

SPACE MAP

We were tasked to create a "space map/mind map" of what we feel and experience when we do our daily routines in school. I chose to space map a normal busy day for me. Using foam board, wires, and glue, I represented how I feel when doing my routine in school (i.e. walking to class, riding the elevator, going down the stairs). We were to present this in class this June 14, 2011 but as I have contracted some kind of flu (adding to that the stress from design classes, lack of sleep, bad weather, and my body resistance (ehem, fat boy here)), I might as well post my work in blog form as to not waste my hours of labor and the life of my glue gun (which exploded because apparently I don't know how to use a glue gun properly).





This long wire represents the long wait I do when falling in line for the elevator.

The cube represents my feeling when I am inside the elevator full of students. I feel constraint. I feel as though I am confined in just a small place. Thankfully, it is just a short ride.

The wavy wire represents running. I am always late when I go to class.

The egg-shaped like wire was intended to be a cocoon, representing me stuck in a class but at the same time, I want to be inside that class.

The long wire connecting from the cocoon to the platform represents me taking my time going to the restroom.

Then from the platform (restroom) connecting a long wire to a spring-like connection represents another long walk (still taking my time) going to the library (LRC).

The spring design represents me circling around the library, trying to find books that would help me in my design.

Then from the spring wire, it connects to a short wire with skewered foam board representing me falling in the elevator line with a lot of students in my way.

So in the end, I take the stairs going down to the other exit (side exit) of the school.

My model in 60x60cm foam board

This is just a typical "busy day" for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment