Sunday, September 4, 2011

DECONSTRUCTION OF MY LIFE CHANGING EVENT

          In one of my blogs entitled "LIFE CHANING EVENT - HOW I TRANSLATE IT TO ABSTRACT ART", I talked about the most significant event in my life that has changed me into what I am today, more importantly, how I look today. For this blog, I have made a deconstructed art model of the most important thing to me today because of that event. Can you guess what it is?


Deconstruction of a comb combing through my hair and leaving bits and pieces of the teeth of the comb stuck on my scalp. This is what I feel.



Combing my hair also gives me stress, and thus, the scratches and wrinkles on the artwork.
Using a comb gives me terrible pain.




          It is a deconstructed structure of a comb. The comb symbolizes the pain that I go through everyday to take care of my hair. The hair that I will donated to cancer survivors. Having curly hair also adds to the pain because it is hard to comb my hair when it's all in tangles. But going through all this pain is 1000 times less than the pain cancer patients go through everyday. This is just a small sacrifice that I hope will lead to greater things for the survivors.

No comments:

Post a Comment